22 March 2008

Time Will Tell

I find myself with a week left to tie up loose ends before I leave DC once again for 6 months. I have still lots of paperwork for various things to complete. I have my taxes to do, issues with my car to take care of, things to buy, people to see, and family to visit. This weekend however will be spent relaxing. I've been a little pissed off and stressed out over the past 5 days for other various reasons so tomorrow and Sunday will be spent not doing a damn thing. I think the only things I have planned are a few hours in McLean park playing disc golf, and taking my friend out for the night for her birthday. Maybe some climbing will be thrown in there...who knows.

Hoping that I get hired again to go down to Antarctica next year (long story), I've started planning my month trip in central Asia (Southern Russia, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan). I'm also looking for other options as far as seasonal work for the winter. So far, the only two I've found are contract structural firefighting on the Marshall Islands or wildland firefighting for Augusta Hotshots out of Augusta Springs, VA. I dunno. Time will tell what will happen next winter.

No comments: