11 March 2008

Canada anyone?

While I was at The Tavern last night drinking a corona by myself (no I'm not an alcoholic), a man that sat down next to me struck up a conversation with me. He asked me where I was from and if I'd been here long (he'd been coming to The Tavern since late October and just hadn't seen me up until now). I told him that I worked in Antarctica and that I'd be working out west as a firefighter. He told me he too worked as a firefighter. He had worked for LA County Fire Department on their aviation branch as well as for British Columbia (Canada) Forestry Division doing helirappelling. We began to talk and share stories for a couple hours. The weird thing about it all was I had just been talking about possibly working for LA County and smokejumping less than 24 hours before hand at the firehouse. Weird how life opens doors for you...

No comments: