14 March 2008

Old Friends and a New Adventure

Tonight's been a busy night at the firehouse....unfortunately with a lot of bullshit calls. Nothing to them...just running around greater Ashburn like idiots. Another night at station 6.

I spent the better part of early this morning talking to a friend whom I consider pretty close that I haven't talked to in years. We talked about religion, our dads, and other thoughts and feelings that have been lingering in our heads. It feels good to talk about things that I have been thinking about for years and haven't found the right person to share them with. I'm real picky about to whom I open up but I'm really glad I opened up to this person.

I've been feeling really enlightened the past couple of days. Between listening to a lot of gospel, talking to close friends, and just feeling good in general, life's been good this week. I have 17 days left in this area before I go gallivanting across the country again. I'm ready to start anew again. I can't wait for the west coast...

No comments: