27 March 2008

Leaving Friends Behind...

I've been spending my last couple of days tying up loose errands so that I can relax and look forward to the weekend. It's feels weird counting down the days again for I have 5 days before I head out to Cali. I'm starting to think about what I need to pack and I'm trying to get back into a regular sleeping cycle so my days driving are more productive. I didn't realize it until today but there are a few people I'm going to miss when I leave. The one thing I hate is the one thing I'm learning how to deal with the best: staying in touch with the friends that matter. I hate leaving my best friends behind. No matter where I go, the friends I meet I know I probably won't see again for a long time. Hopefully things will be a little different in Utah considering I want to make Zion a stable thing for a few years until I decided to move on to a hotsot crew or skip the shots all together (for the summer at least)and go straight to a smokejumping crew. I don't know. I'm rambling. Man it's really going to suck leaving certain people behind though...

No comments: