10 October 2007

Rest in Peace Uncle James

Bad news sucks….especially when the shit happens 13,000 miles away. Today I got word that my uncle died on Monday. To be honest, I feel pretty terrible right now…more so than when my dad died. At least when my dad died, I got a chance to speak to him one last time 8 hours before he died. Down here I had been procrastinating calling home all week. I kept telling myself I wasn't going to call collect, I was going to buy a calling card and call my mom and call my aunt and uncle, I was going do this, that, etc. But now I missed my chance and what's worse is that I missed it by almost an entire fucking week. I was going to go out tonight to the New Zealand base but between the weather and this horrible gut-wrenching feeling, I'm just going to get trashed in my room and sleep till duty tomorrow. Rest in Peace Uncle James, I'll definitely miss you. Everyone else, have a good night…

No comments: