01 September 2007

September Finally

Well it's September finally. The unofficial end to summer (Autumnal Equinox isn't till the 21st technically). In less than 14 days, my fire season will be over. By the end of the month, I'll be on my way to Antarctica...leaving the states and stable society behind. As I write this I'm sitting in our engine while it's getting washed and rid of "noxious" weeds to keep them here in the Sawtooth National Forest. Unfortunately we don't have another fire to head to so we'll be heading home until we get dispatched for something. The funny thing is, if we go somewhere today, I'd drive straight back to Boise tomorrow evening for tomorrow marks the end of my 14-day tour...the last 14 I'd work this year. Tuesday would start another tour which would end on the 13th with me being east bound and down for D.C. on the 14th. Hopefully, I'll be able to buy the trailer I've been blabbing about on my time off. Although I had been pretty excited about heading straight home, my friend Dan brought forward the idea of rendevouxing with him in Seneca Rocks, WV for a day of climbing. Me coming from the west coast, him heading to OSU, what a perfect meeting place. East coast, here I come...

No comments: