29 September 2007

Final Night

9 1/2 hours to go before my flight is scheduled to take off from Dulles. When I was a kid, things like this would keep me up all damn night. Right now, I'm fighting to stay awake as a take care of some things at the last minute. It still hasn't dawned on me yet as to what I'm about to embark on. I stopped at the firehouse tonight to pick up a pair of shoes I had left there and ended up staying for about 4 hours. I'm going to miss that place...again. Kyle put it best when he said that Ashburn was my home. I mean, I can't think of another place where I've dedicated so much of my time and life to. I'll definitely miss the place but I can't pass an opprotunity like this up and I'm hoping that I'll love McMurdo so much that it will become a second home to me. There were several people with whom I really wanted to hang out. Some I couldn't get a hold of. Some our schedules didn't match up. Some didn't even put out an effort to hang out when I asked. Those I did see though, I'm glad I did. Well now, all I have to do is sleep and wake up. My suitcase is packed, my backpack will be packed as soon as I'm done with this post and I can turn my computer off and everything around the house I need to take care of....is taken care of. All I have to do is sleep and wake up in the morning. Good night everyone.

No comments: