20 September 2007

Counting Down the Days

Finally Raytheon has confirmed my tickets and travel itinerary. So that was it. That was the final step. In 9 days (and counting) I leave home for another 4 months. Saturday, 29 Sept. I fly from Dulles to Denver for new member orientation. Monday I fly from Denver to Christchurch, NZ only to arrive in Christchurch Wednesday morning, New Zealand time. Then Friday the 5th, I fly from Christchurch to McMurdo Station, AQ. It's funny because it's still hard to believe that I'm going to be working in Antarctica. I think I'm ready....I think. I have to pack and take care of a few other things but other than that, nothings really stopping me from being ready to leave. There are a lot of people I want to see. But I definitely won't have time. There's one person who is really one of the only reasons I even came back to Virginia for but now she may not even be able to spend time with me which is a bummer but I'm here now and there's not much I can do about that. 3 months ago I would've been dying to hang out with CJ but since there was really no effort to stay in contact with me on her part, I really don't care right now nor does she probably care as well. Now, it's a matter of counting down the days...

No comments: