02 June 2007

The Dork In Me

Well, the dork in me has been glued to weather.gov checking the fire weather forecasts the past 3 days for the next 10 and let me tell you my friends that its getting better and better every day (for me/us at least). R.H. is going down, temperature is going up, Haines Index is going up, LAL is getting worse, oh its looking like its going to be fun this summer. Anyways, I woke up this morning from my friends house to come back to mine only to take a shower, and head out again to take my amateur radio license test. My test taking approach is simple. Study till I get it (unless I took a class then I'll just pay attention and do the assignd homework) and simply...take the test. Now granted, I'm not going to lie: I only studied one chapter out of 12 in my book so I knew that it was probably going to be ugly walking in to the place to take the test. Another thing I do when I take tests is that if I don't know the answer, I don't dick around trying to figure it out. I either know it or I don't. If I don't, I pick the most reasonable answer. If that doesn't work, then I guess. Needless to say I was the first person to be done. About 10 minutes into grading the tests one of the other people that was taking test got word that he failed. Haha, something about watching grown men whine and complain is funny. My friends, this man caused the biggest scene over a $14 test. I mean, he was utterly flabbergasted at the idea that he didn't pass his test. Haha, while this was going on, I chuckled at the idea that he probably studied his ass off and he overheard me talking to the guy sitting next to me about how the only thing I studied was the frequency bands and allowances for our tests. Just as the test session couldn't get any better (with the hilarity and my mood going up and the other guys mood going down) the exam coordinator walked straight up to me (while everyone else was still taking the test mind you) extended his hand and said, "Congratulations Todd, you passed your exam." My friends, I could here that other man's blood boil. With that being said, I signed my application and took that as my cue to get out before that poor man killed me or whoever else was in his reach.

So to recap, nothing really important is going on now. Hung out with a friend yesterday, ham radio license test and irate man this morning, and who knows what else will go down to day.

No comments: