09 June 2007

3 nights of fun.

I'm not going to lie. The past 3 nights have been a drunken blur. Wednesday night, piss drunk. Thursday night, not too drunk but drunk enough. Friday...wow. I can't even begin to tell you how incomprehensibly fucked up I was last night. One of the guys on my crew whom I befriended, Jason, ended up playing pool with this incredibly sketchy (and incredibly crazy) drunk. At one point in time, I was at the bar drinking a Beam and Coke when I looked over...and Jason is in a choke hold administered by Tucker...crazy, sketchy, incredibly drunk Tucker. Needless to say, the glass from which I was drinking was about 10 seconds away from being broken into a device to persuade our good friend Tucker to release innocent Jason from his grip of death. I quickly realized that Tucker was just showing Jason different choke holds and "18 ways to kill a man". Without questioning the insanity of it all (random white dude choking people in a bar) I returned to my drink at hand. Well, the rest of the guys on our crew that were out (Dennis and Jed) and I went to a bar a block down the street leaving Jason to play pool with his newly found friend, Tucker. Another Jim Beam and Coke and 45 minutes later, we started pondering whether or not Jason was still alive, let alone playing pool back where we left him. What did I do? I volunteered to go check on him. So here I am, stumbling down the street in downtown Nampa, ID wondering which bar we left him. After a brief process of elimination (there was only one other bar on the side of the block we left) I made my way up the 30 some steps to the entrance of the bar. These assholes are still on the same game of pool that they were when we left! Haha, when Jason saw me when I came in, he gave me a look that just screamed "Help!" Now, this entire time, I've yet to talk to or even hear anything that Tucker has talked about so I know nothing about this cat. When I walked up to Jason, and incredibly inebriated Tucker introduces himself to me and as I to him. Well, we started talking and it turned out that he was a Navy S.E.A.L. that was stationed in Norfolk for 8 years. A fellow Virginian! Needless to say, I've made a new friend. Now do keep in mind that I'm plenty drunk myself. Well after about 15 or 20 minutes of talking Tucker buys me a shot called the Dirty Sanchez. I know what you're thinking and I probably should have never agreed to drink something with a name like "The Dirty Sanchez" but hey, that'd be rude of me. I did forget to mention however that for about 5 minutes or so before he bought me the shot I was talking to a rather beautiful woman at the bar. I really don't remember her name or what we were talking about but I just remember talking to her. Anyways, the shot comes and damn if it didn't go down smooth (I'm assuming its smooth. At this point, I can't see straight nor think logically).

Comment: As I tell you this tale, I can't help but wish I had started writing in this blog before the time that John Wall procured a bottle of Absynth from which I drank 4 shots. I'm not going to tell the entire story behind that night but it was confirmed by 3 different people that I had a full-on 2-way conversation with one of the resident cats in my friend Julie's apartment. Anyways, the moral of that story which I learned the hard way the next morning was be weary of anything that goes down "smooth" after you're already drunk.

Now, thinking back to the Absynth incident, flags start going up after I drank this smooth and somewhat delicious shot so naturally, curiosity ensues and I ask my newly found friend Tucker what makes up a Dirty Sanchez. I don't remember the exact words but I did hear:

1)Everclear
2)Wild Turkey 101
3)Jose Cuervo

Haha, when I thought about that particular moment in time this morning, I could only imagine the scene in the movie Friday when Craig is given a "blunt" thinking its marijuana when in fact it was PCP. However, I don't do drugs and that was probably a bad and somewhat inappropriate analogy so I'll get back to the story. Another 20 or 30 minutes go by and I'm off and on talking to the ravishing girl I had been on my right and a still heavily intoxicated Tucker on my left. At this point in time (and my own intoxication) time has no relevance or meaning to me as I lost track of it like an hour before. With that being said, Dennis and Jed walk in and drag us out. Whoops, I forgot I had left them well over an hour before to "check on Jason". I woke up this morning in one of our other crew mate's, Sherri, bed. No Sherri was not in it beside me. Luckily, she was out of town. Needless to say, a few lessons were learned last night primarily, be weary of any drink with the words "Dirty" and "Sanchez" in them as well as any drink that goes down rather smooth when you're drunk.

Today is a beautiful day. I don't know what we're going to do but we had wanted to do something today...possibly rafting or tubing. Who knows. All I know its another beautiful day where I'm alive to experience everything the good Lord has provided us. I'm going to take a shower and head on out. Be safe all of you....even you Tucker.

No comments: