22 June 2007

Another Boise Day

I hate waking up later than I plan the night before. I wanted to get up at like 6 or so but instead, I woke up at like 1130. Booo. As usual, I checked my email the second I woke up only to find an email from Raytheon. I don't know if I've said it or not but I have to go to Salt Lake City in July for 10 days for some ARFF (Airport Rescue and Firefighting) training before I head down to the ICE. The email pretty much stated that my plane ticket and lodging had already been arranged and I just had to confirm it which was a relief because even after yesterday's exciting news the fact that I got a job in Antarctica was still pretty unbelievable to me, haha. After a few phone calls and breakfast, I went out to lunch with a few guys from my fire crew for about an hour or so. Came back, wasted about a few hours, then decided to head off to the Boise River to do some fishing with hopes of returning on time to go play mini-golf with my roommates: a leisurely evening. After about an hour of casting into a fish-less abyss, I decided to return to my car to get my kayak out so I could paddle over to an island so I could fish in the eddy it created. Well, when I put my fishing vest in my boat, I forgot I left my phone in the vest which was floating in a few inches of water for over half an hour (I wasn't wearing my spray-skirt). So by the time I got back to my car, my phone had water in every crack and crevice possible. Trust me people when I say that if you use your cell phone as much as I do, you definitely come to terms with how much you take having a cell phone for granted when you don't have it for an evening. So to sum up the evening, no cell, no mini-golf, no going to the local "PG-13 strip club" to try to get a job as a bouncer. Damn if I don't feel naked without it. On a more somber note, a girl I met here in Boise whom I befriended sorta cut ties with me because of how she felt about me and knowing that I'd never be able to pursue a healthy relationship (or at least for several years). I feel sorta bad because I normally communicate well with other girls and I should've talked to her about this earlier. I'm not going to go too in depth about it because I really don't like putting other people's personal business or feelings out in the street but it still put a downer on the night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm that girl sucks! :0)