14 June 2007

A Good End to the Night

I know I'm weird. I've excepted that. But something about filling up at a gas station at a near-deserted 4-way intersection with nothing but farmland and stars beyond you in the middle of the night is relaxing to me. This is what I look for. This is what I live for: moments like this as I travel about, as I go about my life. Moments where I can enjoy and live in them. Where I don't have to worry about what needs to be done or how much much money I have or what friends do I or do I not have? No, its moments like tonight where I can listen to the hum of flourescent lights. Where I can listen to the soft sound of a light breeze slipping through hay and trees. Where I can look up into an infinite abyss glittered with more stars than I could ever imagine to count. Its moments like tonight where I feel truly alive.

Tonights little moment helped some but I'm still feeling that bought of depression I had started to feel yesterday or the day before. I don't know what it is. Hopefully, its temporary. Hopefully it will go away whenever we get our first fire. I've scored Jason and Myself jobs as bouncers at a few clubs in Downtown Boise. To be honest, I'm not looking forward to it but its a paycheck so I can't complain...

No comments: