12 June 2007

Worries

Normally I don't feel this way but today I had (having) a bought of depression. I really don't know why. Maybe its because of the way I been eating. I have been eating like shit for the past week, mind you. I don't know. Maybe its something else. I received an email today from Raytheon Polar Services that had a link which took me to a more detailed employment application they wanted me to fill out. I always hate filling out applications like that. For one, I'm only 22 and I worked pretty much meaningless jobs up until the last year or so while I went to school. I've always been worried that employers are going to be turned off from that. A couple jobs that I've been fired from , I got fired for bullshit reasons (one employer never even let me know why I got fired, the other fired me because I had to leave town for a family emergency at the last minute). Luckily both of those were before I turned 19 but I still have been pretty paranoid about them. I've told a lot of you that I don't think I'm going to get the job in Antarctica (tentative offer or not) just because that's the way I think and it keeps me from getting my hopes up. After all, when its all said and done, what's going to make them choose me over a bunch of people who are probably far more qualified than I ever will be?

Anyways, my friend Jason dragged me out to play a version of beer pong called Battleship Pong: think of the game battleship...played on a specially designed beer pong table. I had a blast. The best part of it all was the first team we played consisted of some random guy we didn't know, and the manager and owner of the bar and 3 others on the street. We started talking and I asked him if he was hiring any bouncers or security guys for his bars (considering we haven't been on any fires yet and we're starting to need money to live off). To make a long story short, he told us how much he liked us and he scheduled us to have an interview tomorrow night with of his other managers. Thank god I have a decent job lined up now. At least this job, I truly do not have to put up with anyone's shit. Tomorrow I also take my CDL road test for my Class B license. I don't know why, but that will be an accomplishment for me as well. I've been trying to get it for over a year now but I've been slacking ass trying to get a road test scheduled. Hopefully when I come back to VA it will transfer right over without any fuss.

Hopefully, the night will go better once I go out with Jason and the rest of my crew again. Till then, I don't know.

No comments: