31 May 2007

Its getting close to that time. Talks of fuel moisture and contracts are frequent. Rigs are being inventoried and cleaned. Gear is getting issued and people are becoming giddy and impatient. Fire season is right around the corner ladies and gentleman. My company bought a piece of property that had an old shed on it which is perfect to store our 3 engines, an office, and the rest of our equipment. Today and yesterday we spent demolishing the inside to make room for the new construction that will take place. I couldn't ask for a better group of guys and girls to work with considering I don't have a whole lot of experience and they have more than I can imagine. As I figured, a whole bunch of things got dumped on me at the last minute. My to do list so far:

Amatuer Radio License Test
Idaho Driver's License and CDL
CDL Road Test
DOT Physical
Get a new SS Card
Get a new Passport (eventually...sometime before the fire season starts)

Eventually I have to find a second job somehow. I'm not gettting too many good vibes about the place I'm trying to get a job at now, but who knows...God will point me towards the right one....

No comments: