16 May 2007

Getting a little better...

To sum up yesterday, as well as my last post, in one short phrase, it sucked. I mean royally suck. Like getting your hand stuck in the garbage disposal sucked. However, I can not begin to thank Lindsay for dragging me out to Bungalo's tonight to clear my mind. I love that girl! On top of that, we met a couple of cool cats that have a house in Puerto Rico who seemed pretty chill as well. After lots of bar tricks, some food, some alcohol, our greetings and good byes, I'm back before my LCD journal writing you all as to how wonderful of a night I had (if that's proper english...) Needless to say, despite how crappy my situation with the DMV is right now, I've been grinning ear to ear ever since I left. It sorta made me realize how badly I'm going to miss some people (Lindsay being one of them) but it's got me even more excited for the new people I'm going to meet as well. A friend of mine hooked me up with one of his friends who's hooking me up with a place to stay in Chicago next monday night as I head out into the great unknown. My friend told me that his friend was the type to pick up and go if he had the means and the reason. That and he's an avid backpacker or climber (I think....I gotta check with Inja [my friend] about that) so I'm sure our conversation for the night will be pretty cool. Hell, he may even tag along. All in all, the week is starting to pull it self out of the shit pile it was seemingly stuck in earlier.

No comments: