21 May 2007

Day 1 of 5


Thank god today is over. D.C. to Chicago my friends, is definitely not a short trip. As I figured, righ before I went to sleep, I found more items I needed to take with me. This, of course, after I locked the house and put the security system on as I was going to bed. Well, morning came around and I tried to find places for the few things I found I needed to take. Haha, as you can see in the photo, there wasn't a whole lot of room left. Anyways, I left here around 6. Got gas, and hit 495 for the last time in a few months. From here to OH was uneventful. Ohio is boring. Extremely boring. So boring that I had to pull over several times in order to keep from falling asleep. Indiana was a little better just because of the fact of it was a different state and I was one state closer to Chicago let alone Boise. All in all, I left the house at 6 and got to my friend's house around 7. A couple things I learned:

Boxes are essential for packing

Keep track of your vehicle's weight limits

If you're on anything that is called or resembles a "turnpike", get to a gas station the second your tank reaches a quarter of its capacity

Do not pack dumbbells in such a fashion that they will fall out the second you open the door

Watch for little children before you yell profanities when said dumbbell falls on your foot

Gary, ID is the nastiest smelling city east of Philladelphia. No joke people, its the Newark of the mid-west....if you can call Indiana the mid-west


Well, Peter and I have spent most of the evening engaged in some pretty good conversation if you ask me. I'm about to go to bed soon only to wake up to another day on my journey across the country. Take care of yourselved.

No comments: