02 May 2007

Advisaries

Throughout most of my life, I've managed to battle a lot of negativity towards myself, my dreams, or anything I try to do. As usual, I never really cared about what other people thought. I don't know. I don't know who or how I was raised liked that but I've always pursued my dreams without letting anyone ruin my plans or get me down. Yet somehow I've let my own family and friends really stress me the hell out. I really don't know what's worse, the fact that every one in my family except for my mother either calls me to tell me how disappointed they are in me if they talk to me any more at all or getting a reminder from your close friends as to how "one day I'll stop making mistakes with my life". I'm really not going to vent too much about it but all I know is that the more resistance I get from everyone, the more I want to leave here and the less I want to come back. Haha, I guess a good personal trait of mine is my yearning to succeed in the face of belittlement.

Anyways, asides from dealing with my family and the several friends I've been having issues with, the weeks gone by pretty well. The one place I can count on support from people is HTO which really after today is going to make me miss the place for the four months or so I'll be gone. This is really my last normal week here. Next week, I'll be in Ft Pickett and the week after that I'll be back but I'll be taking a class all that week. After that, good-bye east coast. It's all downhill from Monday...

No comments: