24 May 2008

A Day Off

When you only get one day off in between working, they feel like they're few and far in between. Today is my one day off before I work from Sunday (tomorrow) till Sunday (June 1st. I spent the morning sleeping in till 1100. Why you ask? Because I could. Even if I did go to bed at 1 AM. The early part of the afternoon was spent in Cedar Canyon which is about 14 miles outside of town. I had been searching for the way to the climbs within the canyon since I have been here but only recently with the purchase of a guide book on climbing in southwest Utah have I been able to actually get to the base of the climbs. With the book in hand, my roommate Rob and I headed into Cedar Canyon to check out the climbs. The routes seemed pretty high above our abilities and there weren't many trad routes either. After exploring the canyon, hiking, and some practice gear placements on the few cracks we found near the base of the rocks, we headed back into town in anticipation of a night of beers and relaxation. Not bad for a day off...

No comments: