26 May 2008

Our Helicopter Has Arrived....

...it actually showed up on Saturday but it's contract did not begin until today. The morning was spent getting the trucks ready to chase the helicopter. The afternoon was spent going over basics on being crew members and heading down to the park for a small project. I got my first taste of running a helibase: sitting on my ass for a couple hours only to get up and do something when the helicopter's refueling (when I say do something, I mean stand by a fire extinguisher). I did how ever get some interesting first photos of the helicopter for the season.






The way the crew flight rotation works, I won't be flying till either Saturday or Sunday (I normally don't work on Monday's and I'm in S-271/Helicopter Crewmember class Tomorrow through Friday). I've taught myself patience just due to the fact that I'll probably be sick of flying come September. Until then, I guess I'll just have to enjoy what it is I'm doing for a living...

No comments: