08 May 2008

End of the Week

The end of the week is drawing near. I'm done with my training at the BLM Fire Center. For the rest of my season, I'll be reporting to the Air Center starting tomorrow. I'm helping our helicopter manager with a class tomorrow all day which I'm actually looking forward to. Monday the entire helitack crew starts which means more faces to get to know and remember. My roommates are gone for the weekend which means I have the house to myself. Hopefully there will be something decent on TV Friday and Saturday night. With Red Flag Warnings for the Arizona Strip and Zion NP and Fire Weather Watches for the Cedar City area, I'm going to stay relatively close to the city to try to catch a fire on the engines before I become 100% property of the air center. I'm starting to like it here more and more. The people here are either incredibly friendly or 100% assholes. The assholes I can ignore pretty easily. The friendly people really make a difference here.

No comments: