20 May 2008

A Funk

Ever since this weekend, I've been in sorta a funk. I feel bad about it to because it all stemmed around the hike we did for the Devil's Den Fatality Staff Hike. I feel really bad about it because I feel it takes away from the hard, emotional time that my manager and two lead firefighters are going through with the entire ordeal. I know I didn't know Spencer Koyle, but it still hit home pretty hard for me. Anyways, that's had me down for a few days. Today, while talking to my good friend William "Brody" Brotman I come to define my feelings for Cedar City and its people. I love the city itself. It's a beautiful, quaint little town. The people sorta scare me. Haha, I know that sounds bad but here me out. It seem that life is centered around getting married straight out of high school and settling down without the intention of straying far from their hometowns. With Cedar City being the ultra-conservative town it is, I see very little originality in some of the people. Very little uniqueness. I don't know…it's hard to explain. Speaking of which, I find it hard to explain what I do for work to some people because it seems too impossible for them. It seems too far-fetched, unrealistic, if not irresponsible to not work the normal 9-5. I guess that's where the scariness came in for me. I guess that's also what has me In this funk right now. I hope that makes sense to you…

No comments: