06 May 2008

I finally have a place I can call home for at least a few months. I passed my National Registry exam on Friday which means not only am I a National Registry EMT, I'm an EMT with a current, non-expired license. I hung out in Yosemite NP to climb for the rest of the afternoon, camped out with a few class mates, then started my drive to Cedar City Saturday Morning. I got into town late Saturday night and met my 4 roommates...all of whom moved out by Monday Morning. Somehow, my neighbors knew me before I knew them because of my roommates which only reiterates how small of a town Cedar City is. The same went for work considering my supervisor had been talking me up to the rest of the fire center. So I have several people who's names I don't know that know mine.

I started work yesterday which began with our pack test. Considering how I barely passed last years pack test, I did pretty well finishing in 42:10. I spend the rest of my afternoons till 5 or 6 hanging out at the Air Center with the rest of my crew doing projects and what not. The fire season is definitely looking good. I'm on call all of this week for our engine module and I start next week on our helitack module. Also, this week marks the rush for me to get ready for Antarctica. My Captain is pressuring me to get Physically Qualified to get deployed. I'm getting emails left and right with paperwork and and deployment info. All in all, this week has been pretty busy and it doesn't look like it's going to get any slower this summer...

No comments: