31 July 2007

Restlessness

I'm almost done. By the end of this week, I'll have completed all of my medical examinations, all of my dental examinations (and corrections), and I'll be back firefighting. I can't fucking wait! Today, I'm virtually in no pain. I'm slightly worried because I'm starting to get a pink hue in my spit again but hopefully I won't get the dreaded dry socket. I'm a little punk when it comes to pain in my mouth or as Gabbi so accurately and eloquently put it, "Jaw Trauma." I'm spending these next few days getting stuff done that I otherwise would have to cram into a day or two in between the 14 I'd be working. I got my digital camera fixed. I mailed off my expense reports from Salt Lake City. I got envelopes and stamps. I need to get some laundry done...badly. I need to change the oil in my car. It's actually nice staying productive. I'm starting to feel the same way sitting around the house here in Boise as I did when I was sitting around my house in V.A. I'd get mad and or depressed. I'd get really restless and just have to do something. Most of the time I just went to the firehouse. Here I've channeled that restlessness into reading or learning something. Despite everyone's laughter, I'm still planning on buying an airstream trailer...especially after thinking about all of the shit I've bought since I first arrived here. If you think the picture in my post I wrote on the day I left was bad, imagine what my car would look like if I tried to cram all of the books and other stuff I've bought in it.

No comments: