31 July 2007

One hell of an idea....

You know, getting my wisdom teeth extracted wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The pain is almost non existant...now. That needle hurts like a bitch. God bless the man who discovered laughing gas as a means of reducing anxiety. Haha, when you're that high, you don't care if you get shot let a lone having a needle jammed into your cheek. The worst part of it all is the persistent numbness after its all said and done and the bleeding that occurs for hours after the teeth have been pulled. Now, I'm sure its the Vicodin that was prescribed tome talking but right now, I can't complain. There's the constant feeling that my jaw is out of alignment and the constant hint of blood in my mouth, but those are mere annoyances. The tetanus shot I received before I got my teeth taken out hurt worse. All in the name of exploration. After I go back to the doctor's on Wednesday to have my TB test read and I go back to the Dentist thursday for a final teeth cleaning, I should be all set as far as my medical paperwork is concerned. Thank god. I can't even begin to tell you how much of a pain in the ass this all has become. While I sat here drowsy off Vicadin, I came across a company who does guided mountaineering treks in Morocco. After further investigation, I found out that they have a trip which is scheduled from March 16th to the 23rd which means if I left from Christchurch to Marrakech, Morocco that would give me around 12 days to tool around in Christchurch before I'd have to fly to Morocco. The flight over isn't pretty however. 41 hours worth of traveling. 13,000 miles. Actually, it seems pretty cool. I'd fly from Christchurch to Sydney to Bangkok to London to Cassablanca to Marrakech with a Friday and Saturday night to hit the clubs and Saturday all day to do some exploring before I hit the Atlas mountains that following Sunday. The trip home takes me from Marrakech to Madrid with a night spent in Madrid. I'd wake up the next morning to fly out that afternoon on an 8 hour flight to Dulles. So all in all, going from Dulles to Antarctica to Morocco and back home would have me visiting the following places I've never been:

Colorado
California
Australia
New Zealand
Antarctica!!!
Thailand
England
Morocco
Spain

If I can scrounge up the money at the end of the season....that would make for a hell of a trip!

No comments: