29 July 2007

Life is good

What an awesome week. I can definitely say I learned a lot through my time in SLC. More importantly, I had time to bond with the people I'll be working with in Antarctica and I got more question that I had answered. I definitely can't wait for the fire season to be over. Well, to be honest with you, I can't wait to get back on to the fireline and work as many fires as I can between now and the 14th of Sept but I really can't wait to get down to Antarctica. This Monday, I have my physical and right after that, I get to spend a fun-filled few hours getting my wisdom teeth pulled and a few cavities filled. Hopefully, I'll heal up fast and be back out with my crew by Friday. Out of all of this excitement, I'm still pretty bummed out that I won't have enough time to hit the Tetons before I head home. With that being one of the main things I wanted to do while I was out here, I'll definitely have to make it back through that part of the Rockies to do some climbing. I'm starting to look at a few trailers people are selling around here. Hopefully I'll have one to sleep in and store some of the crap I've accumulated over the past few months. All in all, life is pretty good right now...

No comments: