31 October 2008

Stressful Day and a Welcome Weekend

The day's been pretty stressful. Between Myself and another Lieutenant in class (with me still running things while in class), anything that could go wrong, did. Between last minute cargo coming into the station, juggling more tasks than I thought possible for us, and apparatus crapping out on us, I was ready to pull what little hair I have out of my head. I'm glad it's 6 and, for the most part, the day is done. The chaos of the everyday operations of the place, however, does keep life interesting and exciting down here.

Anyways, I've been trying to get out to Castle Rock to ski but because of various logistical reasons haven't been able to get out that way. A fellow firefighter is willing and excited to go tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get out and come up with photos. More opportunities to get out are starting to surface with the warming of summer. Between that and everything that has been happening in the firehouse, it's looking to be a good season...

No comments: