06 October 2008

Crossed Fingers....still in NZ

Today is something like our 6th last day in Christchurch before we're suppose to fly out tomorrow morning. For some reason people are more optimistic over the possibility of the first flight actually making it down to McMurdo. I'll believe that when I that C-17 sitting on the ramp in front of the USAP hangar at the airport. It's been getting annoying, actually, listening to everyone ask the same questions and getting their hopes up only to realize that forces unbeknown to us keep delaying our flights. I can't bitch too much because I was one of those people up until 3 or 4 days ago when I came to the realization that I'll get down there when I get down there. Anyways, the first flight [supposedly] left at 0900 this morning. Us on the 2nd flight have to check out of our hotels by 2200 tonight to get ready to fly down at an absurd 0200 Wednesday morning. At first I was sorta dreading having an entire day with not much really to do after I unpack. I really just want to get to work to be honest. I figure I'll have plenty of time to work so I might as well enjoy the day. For now, I'm still in New Zealand. I'm not even going to pack until 2100 tonight so that I know for a fact that my flight will actually be leaving on time. In other words, my fingers are crossed.

No comments: