05 October 2008

Still in Christchurch...

Well, I was hoping to be sharing with you stories about reunions 9 months in the making and snow-swept scenery as well as absurd bitter cold...but I've spent the past 4 days in Christchurch and not in McMurdo like I was suppose be. As a matter of fact the first flight (I'm the second) hasn't even left Christchurch yet. Supposedly, there is an epic storm that keeps plaguing McMurdo and the skies in between us that hasn't allowed any of the prior attempts at getting down there to succeed. So now...we wait. Because of this situation, there are about 300 Americans running rampant around Christchurch running out of constructive things to do. Because of the back up, we keep filling up all of the hotels in town and we keep having to move hotels every couple of days. Between that and waking up early in the morning to receive our per diem money, this entire situation is becoming a huge pain in the ass. On the brighter side, I'm enjoying a paid vacation in Christchurch, NZ without having to pay for a single thing! Oh well...no ice stories yet but hopefully they will come....soon, I hope.

No comments: