27 September 2008

Last Night in VA - First Day of Orientation - Denver

My last night in the DC area was spent, surprisingly, at the firehouse. I left there and said my goodbyes early in the morning only to run around and take care of last minute errudns and pack...considering I hadn't truly "packed" at all over the pst week when I had been telling people I had. I've come to the conclusion that I've found a niche in life...at least for now. I managed to pack for 5-6 months away from home, fly across the country wih no hassle, and start a new (sorta) job without skipping a beat what so ever. It feel really good to be on my way to McMurdo. I ran into a lof of old friends from the last Austral Summer...a lot of whom I didn't expect to be returning. There are a lot of changes with Raytheon Polar Services Company and the United States Antarctic Program. I mean, a lot of changes. For the most part, I don't forsee them ruining my time spent down at McMurdo this season...oh well, 5 days to go before my deployment...

No comments: