12 September 2008

Last Day at Work and Goodbyes

While at Bryce Canyon National Park working on the Puma Rx Burn, it was decided by my management that for the sake of simplicity regarding the logistics of getting me back to Cedar City from Bryce Canyon, I came back home on Thursday instead of Friday evening with the intention of handing my gear in Friday afternoon. After some saw work and a few other tasks, we had lunch at a decent restaurant instead of out of an MRE, I said my goodbyes to my crew mates that were staying there through the weekend and drove back home. Friday, I handed my gear in and took care of a lot of federal paperwork which made that day my official last day with Zion Helitack (at least for this season). I emailed the Board of Directors back at Ashburn to terminate my Leave of Absence on Tuesday considering I may do the crazy and run duty the night of the day I get back (I doubt my mother will be to happy with that). There are a lot of people I want to say goodbye to here but they're all out and about around the area and I doubt I'll see all of them. Asides from climbing in Cedar Canyon with my roommate, I didn't do a whole lot during these two days.

No comments: