21 September 2008

Friends

Today was spent visiting and hanging out friends. The afternoon was spent at a good friend of mine's house for his birthday. I met him at the firehouse and we've known each other since 2002. He's currently in Naval flight school so I definitely don't see him as much as I would other friends from the firehouse. At his party were several other really good mutual friends with whom it was awesome to be able to hang out with outside of the firehouse. Most importantly, I was able to hang out with one of my best friends, Christine Jefferies, who I gave a ride to said party. It was good to hang out with her just the two of us to talk about our problems and new found joys in our life. I feel I don't have as many people as I use to throughout the summer to talk to in that fashion. I left my friend's party in the evening to hang out with 2 of my best friends I've known since elementary school. There's nothing like people you've known since your childhood. You definitely share a special bond that you won't be able to recreate with people you meet after you turn 18. It was pretty cool to just sit and chill and be bored together...just like in elementary, middle, and high school. I even got a chance to talk to someone I use to be really good friends with in high school that lives around the corner from me. I sometimes forget how good I have it here at home with the friends I've made and kept....

No comments: