03 June 2008

SAR Class and the First Few Days of June...

Well June is here and we're slowly experiencing a warming trend in the area. The nights are definitely getting warmer and the days are getting hotter. We spent all of Sunday training: long lines, bucket work, etc. Monday was my much needed day off. Although i didn't do much (asides from spending $200 on food), it still felt pretty good just to bum around. Today was my first day of Search and Rescue training. I'm really glad and excited to have the opportunity to participate in this class. I've been drawn to technical rope rescue since I started my career in the fire and EMS service so this class, to me, is my calling. Tomorrow we'll spend all day on the far side of the park practicing lowering and hauling systems. Unfortunately, my dumb ass was running (or walking really fast....I don't remember) around my car when I tripped over a rock, caught my knee [cap] on my bike rack in my trailer hitch, and face planted into the concrete with a horrific sound. Luckily I didn't shed any blood....externally. I can feel my knee trying to swell and it's really hard to walk. I think my nose is broken and I might have a slight concussion (My head is pounding and I'm a little sensitive to light). I'm going to ride it out tonight and see how the morning fares for me. Either way, I'll be at that class dammit. As you can see, we don't have many fires going on right now and I don't have anything better to do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe the trip was karma related. Think about it and you will know what I am referring to