10 April 2008

WEMT Class

It's been 3 days since I've done anything electronic: talked on my cellphone, check my email, or surf the web. To be honest, it's been great being disconnected from the outside world. Our class is pretty intense. What would have taken 2 1/2 weeks to cover in my last EMT class, we've covered in less than 4 days. The one thing about this course, though, is that the people I'm in the class with are amazing. I'm having a blast learning new wilderness skills as well as refreshing my urban skills. To describe this place would be like saying that I'm at a month long EMT camp. My "room" is a canvas tent with a wooden floor and electricity. Mornings are cold waking up. We're right in the Merced River Valley outside of Yosemite National Park so we're right in the middle of no where in the forest. So far I love it and I'm sure it will get better....

No comments: