24 April 2008

This Week

By this time in our class, we've learned most of what the course encompasses and our scenarios are getting crazier and more realistic every time. Today we did a scenario involving 8 passengers in a train which involved a smoke pot, a mock "train car", seats, and a lot of moulage and drama. Despite not wanting to be a patient, I had a lot of fun participating in that drill. I'm ready to move on with class. I'm ready to start the fire season and stay busy. I'm waiting to see if I can play my cards right enough to be put through Intermediate or Paramedic school.

I seem to be nursing a back injury from Lord knows what. The past couple days have been hard on me sitting down, bending over, and walking downhill. I've been doing a lot of hiking to get ready for the grueling PT's we'll be going through next month and I'm not sure if they're the cause of my back pain. At first I thought it was kidney stones until I realized the extent of the pain moving my back in weird directions. Thank God they were not kidney stones.

This week, I head into Fresno for my clinicals: 12 hours on a Paramedic ambulance and 8 hours in Regional Medical Center in Fresno which means a weekend full of trauma, blood, and gore. I can't wait...at the same time, I can't wait to get this week over with. Oh well, 7 classes to go. Not much else is going on...

No comments: