21 April 2008

The Weekend

A fun weekend with a filled schedule. I visited my friend and old boss from HTO, Tom Nadzam, this weekend in Marina, CA which is on the Monterrey Peninsula. I went to a party where he was DJing, crashed at his house over night, and hung out on the beach and around town before driving 3 hours back to Yosemite. I enjoyed visiting Tom and I definitely enjoyed spending the weekend in that area. I forgot how wonderful the smell of saltwater is. I got me thinking of other places to do or live in the winter. I don't know about Marina (it actually isn't a bad place though) but I'm definitely thinking along the lines of something on a coast. I don't know. I have time to think about that.

While driving back, I couldn't happen to notice that it's definitely getting drier and the fire season is right around the corner. I passed two fires, and saw hordes of CDF fire trucks all over the highways. Between that and the fact that I start working in 2 weeks has got me really excited for the fire season.

No comments: