25 January 2008

Psalm 55:22

Cast thy Burdens upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

One starry night at a Young Life camp when I was 16, I accepted Christ in my heart as my lord and savior who died on the cross for my sins. There wasn't anything special about how I did it. Just me laying on a grassy hill staring into the night sky asking Christ into my heart. Throughout the rest of high school and shortly after, I haven't strayed much from my faith. I'm not perfect by any means. No one is. Perfection in humanity walks hand in hand with hypocracy. No, I am definitely not without sin. Over the past couple years I've found myself falling back onto my faith as I watched my father get sicker and eventually die. On the other hand, my life time line is littered with random introductions and run-ins with people that have managed to change my life in some way shape or form. The latest being a woman inspired by me that has pointed me to an organization that just might pay the balance of my tuition for this spring and a friend of mine I haven't seen since the 4th grade. It amazes me how mysterious the Lord works even after proclaiming "He works in mysterious ways". Some how, a lot of things for me have just fallen into place. I've constantly said to myself, "How am I going to make this work" yet somehow they do. My mother sent me an email with a story about a man who's car broke down right near a gas station and he crossed paths with a woman who was just having a shitty time with life at that moment. With no money to get to where she was going, the man paid for her gas and food for her and her family. When he went to get back into his car, his car started right up. God intends for us to be in certain places at certain times, whether we plan it or not. It's all part of his plan. At the end of the email my mother sent me, a bible verse, Psalm 55:22 to be exact, was given:

"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain thee. He will never suffer the righteous to be moved..."


Everyone take care and be safe.

No comments: