20 April 2007

Thoughts

Today I received another job offer from Modoc National Forest in California. Ironically, I received the phone call at the same time the lease for the room I'm renting was emailed to me. I declined the offer considering I'm getting paid a little better in Boise but it's making me nervous that I need to sign this lease soon and I don't know whether or not something better is going to come along or not. I've broken the news to my mom and she's being real supportive of me but the rest of my family is not and it's really starting to make me mad. Apparently the fact that it's something I want to do isn't good enough if not down right irresponsible. I've pretty much said fuck them (not to their faces of course) and the more they let me know how much they dissapprove, the more I can't wait to leave here and laugh in their faces at my success in doing something I want to do (as crazy as that sounds). I'm starting to realize how I'm going to miss certain people. Part of me says I shouldn't miss them since a few of them I really don't trust to begin with. All I know is it's going to be fun yet, at the same time, lonely trying to meet new people in Boise. I'm hoping race won't be an issue. Anyways, I'll talk to you all later.

No comments: