03 April 2007

Rants and Rambles

Sunday night, I started working for the first time, by myself at Loudoun-Fairfax. One thing's for sure is 12 hours is a long fucking time when you have 20 minutes of work you truly have to do. Over the years though, I've learned to value my free time because sometimes it's the only free time you get. To be honest, after that night, I fell in love with the night shift. I actually did my homework. As a matter of fact, I was so ecstatic about doing my homework, I did my homework for the next 3 weeks! I made a shopping list of things I need/want (more of the want) before my next backpacking trip. I was looking at Canoes to buy, surfboards, I read 3 magazines, I had a blast! It sucks, however, when you walk into your house a 7:30 in the morning and sleep until 2. Waste of a fucking day I'll tell you. After my weekend trip, I started looking at other places to go backpacking around here and I was hoping to try to pull another trip off next Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm now hooked on solo backpacking trips. Walking at your own pace, no one but you, your thoughts, and God, the satisfaction of living on your own in the woods. It's Great! Anyways, nothing new in my life has happened since Sunday so I'll spare you empty rants and rambles. Take care and be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know about your unhealthy obsession with the Mon, but you should try out the adirondacks for a few days....