09 April 2007

Preparations

Finally the wheels of future aspects and opportunity are starting to spin. The foreman for the contract crew I applied to (Red Truck Wildfire, LLC) and I have been talking back and forth about how long it would take for me to get there (Boise) and when I'd be able to leave. My tax return(s) should be coming soon so I'll be able to buy a few things I need and save up some money for the trip out there and perhaps a security deposit for an apartment or house. As usual, since the word of my tentative offer of employment I started doing my research on Boise. I've found places to climb and backpack around southwester Idaho as well as South and Mid-Eastern Oregon (I'm less than an hour from the border). I'm thinking about buying a cheap kayak or canoe (or both depending on how cheap I can go). With that being said, there are more rivers near Boise than you can shake a stick at. I've found a few volunteer fire departments around the city of Boise and it's county, Ada County, and I have talked to their chiefs. So far, they're more than excited to have me run even if it is just for the summer. I've made a to do list and shopping list and sadly it's been growing exponentially every day since I first started it. All and all, it's pretty exciting. There are a few people I'm going to miss for the few months I'm gone. For the most part though, I really don't think many are going to care either way which makes it easier to leave. Anyways, take care all of you.

No comments: