25 March 2007

The Road Ahead

I've finally found sometime to unwind at just chill after 4 days of working almost non stop. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I've been able to sit down in front of a computer long enough to even think about what to put in a decent post in this journal. For one, I started a new job with Loudoun-Fairfax Ambulance. Damn if it isn't an easy job. I can see myself working there for a while. I was afraid it was going to be as boring as it was when I worked at blockbuster but for the most part, at least I can watch TV or read a magazine in between the actual work I seldom do. To my surprise, my mother hired someone to do my taxes for me before I even realized that my W-2's were missing. I'm definitely not complaining after she told me how much I should be getting back.

I find myself meeting more and more people who manage to provide some insight on the things I want to do with my life. While at the station last Tuesday, I met a gentleman from Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire Department, who had spent most of his adult life fighting wildfires up and down the west coast and southwest. We talked for a few hours and I left the conversation with a new perspective on what I'm looking for in a job as a wildland firefighter. I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I don't know if this is a career path I want to take but it's something to fill up the next 5 years of my life that's for sure. I think I've stated it before but I like the idea of seasonal jobs to get me by. Shortly after my pops died, my mother put my name on the deed of the house so I'll always have a base of operations to call home but for the most part, I want to stay mobile and see where the roads take me and see what or where I could find myself. I've said it to several people before: there are some people I really don't want to forget and I want to try my damndest to stay in contact with for as long as I can. For the most part though, I'm ready to start meeting new people in new areas and see what the rest of the country, and hopefully soon, as well as the world has in store for me. Man, I can't wait for summer....

No comments: