15 March 2007

Kvað hæger ðu?

I hate sleeping through an entire morning. It makes me feel like I've completely wasted the day. As much as I like sleep, I like a full day of nothing to do even better. Tuesday morning (2-3 AM) we ran a pretty decent townhouse fire. Despite fucking around the southern part of Ashburn trying to find the place, it still went pretty well. I actually learned two important things on that call: 1) If I'm driving and my instinct tells me to go to a certain st, then I'm following my instinct and 2) If the streets in a 23 box and the 23 map books don't show the street, check the 6 map books for shits and giggles. Thankfully nothing has shown up on The Watch Desk yet.

Thanks to John Wall, I'm still looking to go to Iceland for a week. I'm actually looking at a few places to go for a week or 10 days for a vacation before I (hopefully) go out west. For those of you that didn't know, before I quit working for Fauquier County, John Wall convinced me to actively pursue a trip to Reykjavik for either New Year's or sometime after New Years. So I did what I normally do when I plan on going to a place I've never been before: I research the shit out of the place and usually fall in love with it because a) I've been there and b) it's different than the D.C. area. So while I was in my "planning to work in Antarctica" mood, I started looking at work visas, cost-of-living, and the night life for Iceland. I've even gone as far as buying a book to learn to speak Icelandic (Kvað hæger ðu?) and research their fire departments. I don't known. I don't see it happening soon (i.e. the next 2-3 years) but it's something I'd definitely love to try to do for a few years. Until then, I'll see y'all around.

Bæ!


No comments: