17 March 2007

One More Day...

Today, for some reason, I decided to look up travel fares for the few places I had been looking at for trips....primarily Iceland and Morocco. Thanx to an old friend, I found a site that offered $700 tickets for round trips to Marrakech, Morocco which is absolutely phenomenal. Naturally this got me excited to the point I started looking at things to do within a few hundred miles of Marrakech. Like I had said before, I've been mainly looking at that part of Morocco to surf on the Atlantic coast and to climb in the Atlas Mountains. I did, however, find a hotel in the Sahara that offered camel treks into the desert and a few nights in the desert in a Berber "hotel" so that became one more thing on my ever-growing to do list for life.

For some reason, I've never really been a fan of St. Patrick's Day. It's like everyone in the D.C. area uses it as an excuse to get rip-roaring drunk (now before some of you all call me out as a hypocrite, I get plenty drunk myself from time to time but I don't ever need an excuse for my drinking nor a single day where I morally excuse myself for whatever I happen to do when I get drunk). I don't know. Today is just one more day. I'd much rather just chill at the bar but instead I'm going to forgo going tonight just to avoid the hordes of people. Take care all of you and be safe.

No comments: