19 March 2007

A Great Day

Nothing makes me happier than a spontaneous trip away from here. Last night a friend and I made a last minute decision to go climbing at Seneca Rocks in West Virginia. This is how the time line went down:

0115 - made the decision to go climbing the following morning
0200 - went to sleep
0400 - woke up
0430 - left for Seneca Rocks
0700ish - Arrived at Seneca rocks
0800 - Met up with my friend at the base of the climb we were about to climb
1130-1200ish - Reached the summit after 4+ pitches
1330 - back at our cars after a few rappels
1600 - back here in ashburn at the firehouse

I am tired as shit but I've had more fun today than I've had in a while. After a long night of training and dinner, I find myself back in front of a computer looking up random things on the internet. I found a website online called 43things.com that allows you to list all the things you want to do, and people can click on the thing you listed as to whether or not they want to do it or if they have done it. I haven't had the chance to fully explore it but I sent the website to a friend of mine who I know will definitely get a kick out of it so hopefully I'll here more about it soon. Well, tomorrow (today) holds no work in store for me so I think I'll spend most of it at Sportrock and the rest in D.C. hanging out with my uncle. Until then, take care.

No comments: