13 March 2007

Infatuation

I never really considered the concept of infatuation a bad concept. For the past couple of weeks I've considered myself infatuated with a few people as well as a few places but I never considered that infatuation with being a "foolish, short-lived obsession" as it's described in the dictionary. It sucks that just as you're trying to move away from the area someone comes along into your life where you're all of a sudden infatuated with. Whatever. God will bring me closer to that crossroad when the time comes.

Another day in life. I came back to work yesterday after a two week hiatus only to realize how much I missed it. It's not often you work a job and truly miss it when you're away from it for while. Needless to say, I still need a better paying job. I found that I get paid $11/hr while working for the state which isn't to bad at all. On top of all that, I get reimbursed 48 cents per mile I drive and reimbursement on gas. Hopefully it's a busy season this spring. Back to yesterday. I've come to realize that my responsibility at the firehouse is beginning to increase exponentially. Between trying to get released on the tower, becoming an officer, dealing with the equipment committee, dealing with FIREHOUSE software, writing operational procedures (which I've yet to do), and now dealing with potentially serious personnel issues, I'm really having to start to change the way I act around that place which is really not a whole lot of fun, haha. Thank God, the equipment committee meeting didn't last too long because that's really all I could think about throughout the meeting. Going to KP's afterwards with Christine was probably the best thing that's happened to me all day.

I find myself more and more coming up with alternative plans to the primary plans I've set for myself for the next year. I'm toying with idea of doing GWU's Paramedic or Intermediate program next fall if I don't end up in Antarctica. If I do end up in Antarctica, I'd like to take classes through Oregon State University online towards a Range Management, Agriculture, or Forestry degree. I also thought about looking at degrees that would allow me to work as an Avalanche Technician in the winter (in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm all about the seasonal jobs). I'm going to try to apply to the California Department of Forestry this coming November. I'm looking to take a month to travel to Morocco to surf and climb while living on the beach. I'm looking to party in Iceland for a week too. If you've never done it before, take a notebook and write down all of the things you like to do for a job or for fun or write down the places you'd like to go. You'd be surprised how many pages you take up.....

No comments: