11 February 2008

Small World, Leaving, Emperor Penguin

Tomorrow I have one week left on the ice. My roommate Kenny left today and my kiwi roommates Cody and Dave are leaving this coming weekend. I'm really stoked to hear whether or not I'll be getting hired by Zion. Whether I do or not is God's will. At this point the suspense of waiting is killing me. As fate would have it, a crew member from the Arctic Tern, the container vessel that has sailed from California to here to offload and pick up cargo containers, stopped by the firehouse here to take a tour of the place. Low and behold, Paul is a member of Cabin John Park Volunteer Fire Department and was a member when I was living there. It's definitely a small world considering we both recognized each other. Anyways, one thing I really need to do is I need to start packing and start cleaning my room...the place is a disaster. On a more positive note, I saw my first Emperor Penguin up close today at Pegasus Airfield.

No comments: