28 February 2008

A Small World and a Good Week

While having a beer at a bar here in Queenstown, my friend Heath introduced me to a few people that happened to live in DC as well. Thinking that it was a small world with the fact that they lived in the DC Metropolitan area, I was even more amazed that one of the girls we met had actually went to the same high school and middle school as I did and had some of the same teachers I did as well. Now that my friends makes this world a small one indeed.

I have money finally (accessible money). I was able to get a Western Union wire transfer from mother with the intention to wire the money she lent me back into her account upon receiving my new debit card. It's amazing how much fun I had this week despite how fucked up it's been on the side. Credit and debit cards getting cancelled with no way of uncanceling them, drastic travel plan cancellations and changes because of weather delays in Antarctica, USAA bank fucking up left and right, having to borrow money, having to call banks, mother, etc at 3 AM because of the time zone difference, you name it. As if it couldn't get any worse, none of my friends were expecting me to ride with them in the rental car with them back to Christchurch so because of an additional passenger I'm not able to ride with them. Today I waited too late to catch a bus back to Christchurch so I ended up buying a plane ticket to Christchurch from Queenstown Airport. I really can't think of anything else that can possibly go wrong now. But like I said, I had fun and I can't complain about that.

No comments: