17 August 2008

Back to Work

So I now have 28 days and counting till I drive home from Utah. After a bout of food poisoning, I started working again only to leave Utah for Arizona to do a project just outside of the Grand Canyon. Although it wasn't fire, it was nice to have an easy task of building loads of fencing materials and hiking 4 miles into to receive them while our helicopter long-lined them into us. Near the (normal) end of our shift, we got dispatcehd to a fire in the Fishlake National Forest right outside of the town of Circleville, UT where we worked until 2100 hrs and made it back to the airbase around midnight only to leave again at 0600 to go back to the same fire. At least we're not sitting around doing nothing...

Tomorrow starts the beginning of my 3 day break. Because of some issues with my landlord and him possibly screwing me over, I'm going to spend most of that time talking with a lawyer(s). I'm definitely going to try to get into the park if I can. I definitely feel I'm starting to come out of the funk I was in because of the Line of Duty Deaths from the Iron Complex. I have 4 weeks left here so hopefully they'll be good ones.

No comments: