25 August 2008

3 weeks

Today marks exactly 3 weeks till I drive back home to DC. It's been a very long season with a lot of ups and a lot of downs. Some of the roommates I've gained and met over the past week have become very good friends of mine and I'm pretty thankful for that. Work has been very slow. We're beyond the point where we try to use busy work to keep us occupied. Our afternoons at the air center are spent talking with each other, miscellaneous tasks around the base, and the occasional impromptu nap. Friday we participated in a rather fun prescribed fire...other than that that's the only flame I've seen for a few weeks.




I should be getting my tickets for my flight to the ice any day now (after I fax in my Terms of Agreements which I've already done so twice this summer). I haven't started counting down till my deployment date yet because looking at that number would just depress me. For now, I'm just going to count down to the 15th when I drive back to Virginia. I wish I had something more exciting for you but, sadly, thats it...

No comments: