28 April 2009

Back in Cedar City

The drive from Boise to Cedar City made me realize the extraordinary lengths we go for the people we love i.e. my daughter. Yesterday was a long day. When I dated my friend who lived in Bozeman, MT last year I made the 10 hour trip to see her which in the end didn't turn out to be too bad. Yesterday, on the other hand, was different. I think it was the fact that I had been on the road since Thursday and I wanted nothing more than to get to Cedar and move in already. Unlike the other days spent on the road, the drive south was uneventful. I pulled into town at 1930, unpacked my trailer, visited a few friends from the old house I lived in, and spent a couple hundred dollars at wall-mart buying food, dishes, bed sheets, and other things necessary for sanitary life in an apartment. Finally, at 0200 in the morning I managed to make it to bed. Damn it felt good to be back...

No comments: