05 March 2009

Home

I was pretty disappointed when the US Customs agent didn't tell me "Welcome Back" after he finished with my passport. I dunno. Maybe it was due to the fact it made such an impression on me last year when I went through. Something about those 2 words reassures me that our country still cares and values its citizens. It made me proud when I walked through customs after hearing that last year. Anyways, after a 4 1/2 hour layover in LA, saying good-bye to Kelly, and a 4-5 hour flight, I made it to Dulles around 2345 Thursday night. The one thing I love about Dulles Airport is the fact that the place runs so much smoother at night. I managed to board the transport to the main terminal, pick up my bags, find a taxi, drive to an ATM on account of the taxi driver not accepting cards, and arrive at my house all before 0020. I walked in, hugged my mother, and began unpacking boxes of stuff I had sent home from Antarctica and New Zealand. After a while I just sat down and stared out the window at the oak trees in my back yard. I was home, I thought, and I had to breath that in for a little bit.

No comments: